Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Owl My Thanks







This is my latest card. It is made with my Cricut Expression and Cricut Imagine. The cartridges I used were Wild Card and Imagine More. The owl is from the Wild Card cart. I cut it at 5.5 inches. I used the CI with the Imagine More cart to flood fill the owl with a pattern that I am really loving. I also used the Imagine More cart to flood fill the eye layer with a pattern. Then I used my E to cut the owl on blackout to line the inside of the card with blue cardstock.
I printed the sentiment on the computer in Microsoft Word. It says "Owl My Thanks" two times. All my circle punches are dull or broken because they are so old. And I just can't justify buying more right now with all the toys I have. So, I thought I would give the "Center Point" feature on the Expression a try. I used George and Basic Shapes, sized it to the size I wanted, put my printed paper on there and gave it a try. I think it worked out good. It is not perfect, but I am pleased. I know I will get better at it with time. I put an orange button in the middle to embellish.

I also added blue bling to the eyes and ribbon to the center of the card. TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment