Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Spongebob Squarepants - Oxnard Beach











I love , love, love this cartridge! It is amazing! I decided to make a layout for our trip to the beach that we will take this summer. We live in California, and we are fairly close to the beach but we rarely make it to the beach. I wish we could go more, but time just gets away from us.
Anywho, lets start with the dimensions: Spongebob is 3". Patrick is 3.5". The pineapple house is 5.5". The rock house is 3.5". The jellyfish are 1.5". The jellyfish net is 1.75". The pink and yellow seaweed is 1.75". The blue and turquoise seaweed is 1.5".
Spongebob at 3" is a bit difficult to do. He has lots of bits and pieces. I made a mistake and made his holes yellow and my kids said "Mom, Spongebob's holes are supposed to be darker than the rest of his body". So I got out my Prisma pencils and Mona Lisa mineral spirits and colored his holes green. And I smoothed them out. And viola...darker holes! All the other characters and their houses went together very smoothly.
I added grey shadows to all the characters and houses. I made Old Reliable (Spongebob's Jellyfish catching net) in a few didfferent layers. First I cut it in a dark brown, then in vellum, then in craft. I layered them in that order and backed it with grey. I used stickles on the net to make it sparkle.
I popped all the jellyfish on pop dots. I also popped the word "Oxnard". I added glitter pen to the jellyfish and the seaweed and pineapple. I also added white pen dots here and there for some depth.
Please let me know what you think. TFL!

3 comments:

  1. I love this layout super cute, my kiddos love spongebob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!!! Maybe I DO need to get this cart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love, love it!! I love Spongebob and so does my DH. We used to live near the beach, in San Diego, and have many beach pics. Now we are in Murrieta, an hour away from Oceanside, but it's not my favorite place to go... Anywho, I have the Spongebob cart, but haven't used it... yet. Now I'm inspired by you to do great and wonderful fun things with it. You're never too old for Spongebob!

    ReplyDelete