Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2010-Hoot Hoot Hooray, It's Your Birthday















Today is the birth of a new year and I am welcoming it in with a card. One of my new favorite cartridges is Sentimentals. And the very biggest reason I bought it was the owl that they picture on the front of the box. It sure is cute! When I picked my paper and colors I had Valentine's Day in mind and then it just morphed into a birthday card. I just love this little owl and the whole cartridge.
This is a 6"x6" card. My owl is 4 7/8". I did the cutting in Design Studio. I had been doing all my designing with my Gypsy, but it froze with the latest update. I sent it back for repairs and should have it back soon. Anywho, the cardstock is from various manufacturers. The outside part of the eyes are cut twice (with a 1/8" difference.....it was a happy accident..lol). I added brown gems on top of the eyes for some sparkle. The tag was also cut with the Sentimentals cartridge. I really like the shape of this one. One thing I did notice with this cart is that many of the tag shapes are the same. I can't remember the tag size, but I did cut it twice. The second tag is cut 1/4" bigger to make a shadow (no shadow feature for the tags on this cart).
The sentiment on the tag is a Stampin Up! stamp. The inside sentiment is done on my computer with a font called Bagworm Slab. The patterned paper is from a DCWV stack called Farmer's Market. I used my Ultimate Crafter's Companion to make a matching card. TFL.



1 comment: