Saturday, June 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Lollipop Topiary

side view


full front


side view


My 6 year old sons 1st grade teacher is the absolute best! I feel so blessed to have been the Room Parent for his class this year. It was my first year doing this particular job and it was so great! For teacher appreciation week this year the school suggests the children do something sweet for their teacher everyday. Each day has a theme. Everything is very inexpensive and easy to do. I decided to take this idea and run with it a little bit. I cannot post all the things I did because the projects include pictures of children in the class.


This project was so fun. I made a topiary tree. I used my Cricut, Gypsy and good old George cartridge to make the flowers that go around the lollipops. I painted a huge Styrofoam ball different shades of green to make it look like the base of a bush. I added 2 wood dowels to the ball and into the base. The base is filled with moldable flower foam and tons of hot glue. That all went into a traditional flower pot. My favorite part of this project is that I got each of the kids to write a small note to the teacher and I attached it to the lollipop. So when the teacher chooses a lollipop to eat, she gets to read a nice note from one of her students. TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment