Friday, July 16, 2010

U R GR8- Mickey Font







Ok, first I need to say that I feel super fortunate to have the most amazing friends in the whole world! My wonderful husband and I got to go on an AMAZING weekend vacation thanks to those friends. They planned a weekend for us at the Disneyland Hotel for 3 days and 2 nights, just the two of us. They also set us up with a 1 day park hopper pass for Disneyland park and California Adventure! And to top it all off, they sent us to Club 33! Holy Cow Batman......Club 33! I definately felt like a fish out of water there. It is so fancy. The food is like what you see on tv. And the cold buffet is like nothing I have ever seen! Not to mention the dessert bar! OMgoodness! I think I gained 5 pounds on bread and dessert alone. My dh said he didn't know food could have so much flavor. And it certainly did have great flavor! I had to rent one of those electric wheelchairs to go everywhere because of my health issues, but it was so fun! We got to get into Disneyland Park an hour early because we were staying at the Hotel. We got on Nemo in 5 minutes! We also went back to the hotel in the middle of the day and took a FOUR hour nap! I can't remember the last time our kids let us do that together! We ended the day by seeing the new World of Color show at California Adventure and all I can say is WOWSERS! If you get a chance to got o California Adventure then you have got to see that show! We slept in Sunday and went home. My mom and dh's grandma were kind enough to watch the boys for the weekend, so we were at ease knowing they were in good hands. It was the first time in 11 years that we had been away alone together!!! It was such a joy!!!! Thank you to all our friends who made this possible!
Now, on to the cards. This is the first of three thank you cards that I have made to thank those wonderful friends. It is from the Disney Font cartridge. It is the license plate with the Mickey Ears feature. I cut everything on my Gypsy. I cut the license plate in red as the base. Then I cut it in white for the inside and glued them together. I cut it an additional time in black and cut the ears from that. I used Martha Stewart glitter and covered the ears with it on both sides of the card.
I wanted the plain license plate to cover the front, so I sized that on my G and used the same Disney paper on both sides of the card. I used "screw" eyelets on all 4 holes on the license plate to make it look more authentic. I wanted the letters to be a little bit taller than they are normally, so I again sized them and their shadow on my G. I also used foam pop dots on them and glitter pen around the edges.
On the inside I used big black buttons to cover the holes from the front. I think they look like the holes on Mickey's pants:) I wanted to add the word "thanks" in a non-traditional manner, so I decided to put it on a chain. Each letter is cut from the same font in either, blue, red or green. Then I used Mickey head eyelets at the top of each letter and ran some chain through them and hung them aroung Mickey's ear.
I had a really great time making my Disney cards. There are 2 more to follow. Thanks for looking. And thanks again to our friends who made a Dream Come True!



No comments:

Post a Comment