Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Cupcake - Home Decor, Stamping Solutions











I made this card for a sweet little friend of mine who's birthday is at the end of this month. She is really into cupcakes, so this die cut popped into my head first thing. I used Design Studio and the Home Decor cartridge from Cricut and welded two 5" cupcakes together (one of the cupcakes has to be flipped to make the cupcakes fit together). Then I just cut the layers in different colors and glued it all down.
The top of the cupcake is brown and I added white dots all around the edges for dimension. The cupcake "wrapper" is made from mirrored cardstock. The paper underneath all of it is a glittered floral print. The cherry is a mirrored red cardstock.
I cut the cupcake card out a second time in a solid cardstock for the inside and glued it on.
I cut the inside sentiment from the Stamping Solutions Cricut cartridge and also shadowed it.
I added 3 different bows to the fold of the card. And then I tied a bow around those bows. I guess I was feeling a little artsy fartsy (lol!). It is a little different, but I like how it came out.
All the paper is by DCWV. It is from their Citrus Premium Stack and Citrus Cardstock stack. They are quickly becoming some of my favorite papers! TFL!
Comments are greatly appreciated.




3 comments: