I recently came across altered dominoes. I then realized it is not a new thing, but it is new to me and I just love it. Such a fun way to do some “mini” art. Anywho, this is one of my beginner attempts. I looked up some YouTube videos to see what some good ways to do things were and away I went.
I started digging through my kids toy box for some dominoes and hit the jackpot. I had a few missed attempts before I was able to get it right. But, I really like how this came out. I used Graphic45 Steapmpunk Debutante paper for the lady on the front. I created the paper on the back using a technique I learned from Fi on YouTube (technique here: )
I knew I wanted to use mostly what I had on hand and not buy too much to make the domino. First I glued the paper on the front and then used Glossy Accents on it and let it dry overnight. It needed a second coat, so I did it again. Next, I created the chain and charm part of the domino. I used head pins and wire and hat pins and chain and beads and just attached it all to one bigger wire that I glued to the back of the domino with glossy accents. I found a piece of ribbon I liked and glued it to the back. I let it dry and then I attached the back paper.
I used a mix of Citrus and Stream colored alcohol inks on the sides of the domino so it would blend with the colors of the paper I picked. I wanted to dress up the sides a bit so I used some faux rhinestone. For the finishing touches I used a bit of blue bling on the side and the top. I also use a gear and some blue half pearl.
This was such a fun and artistic endeavor! TFL!