Monday, January 7, 2013

Butterfly Wreath

IMG_0643[1]
IMG_0645[1]IMG_0649[1]
I was inspired to make this pink and zebra butterfly wreath from a magazine I saw.  The finished size is about 6 inches around.
I bought a piece of Styrofoam that is about 12”x12”x1/2”.  I cut circles with my Silhouette and drew them on my Styrofoam to use as guides.  Then I cut out the wreath shape with my craft knife.  I picked out a fabric I liked to cover the circle with.  That is the pink zebra print.  I cut it in 1”x 12” strips and then just started wrapping.  I added hot glue here and there to keep the strips of fabric where I wanted them.  You gotta be careful with hot glue and Stryofoam.  They are not best friends…lol.   I added bakers twine to hang it with next.  Then I layered the back fabric with some hot glue.
I tied a pink strip of fabric around the front, middle.  I knew I wanted to add some kind of embellie later.  I die cut different sizes of butterflies on my Silhouette.  I also punched some with my Martha Stewart punches.  I embossed them with various Cuttlebug and Sizzix embossing folders. Then I misted them with Glitter Mist.  I added to the wreath with hot glue.  Lastly, I added a safety pin with some sequins and some charms on it to the piece of pink fabric.  TFL!

2 comments:

  1. I just love the butterflies I may have to steal this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job with yours, I think you have the hang of it.
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete