Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pop Up Ornament

front1front whole



top-flatflat-bottom



Hi All! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is looking forward to Christmas! I know I am! This adorable pop-up ornament is a die-line made by my good friend Cathy Martin over at Snip Tuck Design. She is a fabulous up and coming electronic die cut designer. Currently she sells through her own blog and Etsy. You can buy this and some other fabulous die cuts there.



The pop-up ornament is cut using my Pazzles Inspiration. I cut it out of a medium weight chipboard and then I cut it again on a piece of patterned paper. I cut the patterned paper so that each part of the ornament would cut as a separate piece to make it easier for decorating.



The “Merry Christmas” is from the Cricut cartridge Wild Card. I put it through my Xyron 250 upside down. Then I generously sprinkled it with Martha Stewart fine glitter. Then back through the Xyron an the back side of the die cut to stick it to the ornament.



I added misc. embellishments: snowflake buttons, ribbon, tulle, bells, glitter pen, Cat’s Eye blue chalk ink to spice it up.



Thanks for looking…and don’t forget to check out Cathy at Snip Tuck Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment