Monday, November 29, 2010

Over The Hill-Wrap It Up






Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I did. It was just my little family, my mom and my little bro. My husband cooked a delicious turkey and all the fixins'. And one of the best parts about having a teenage son is that he got to do the dishes!!! Yeah for me!

Anywho, here is the next set of cuts in the Wrap It Up cartridge handbook. It is on page 22. This cartridge is so versatile. This set of cuts is titled "Over the Hill". The first cut is the basic cut. It is cut at 5 inches, as are all its layers. I added some gems in the leaves.
The second thing pictured is the "Over the Hill" phrase cut. It is also cut at 5 inches. I cut the base in red and then the shift key in blue. Then I actually cut the tree top from the basic cut (in purple) to add to the top of this tree. It is not one of the layers for the phrase, but it fit pretty good. It is slightly big, but not noticeable from the front. Gems again here on the tree.
Third is the tag. It is cut at 4 inches. I cut the tag in blue. Then I cut the blackout for the tag in purple. I wanted a shadow for this tag, so I made my own. I used my Gypsy. First I "hid" all the holes on the tags so they wouldn't show when they were cut. Then I copied the blackout cut of the tag. Then I increased the size of the copied shape. I assembled the tag and then I used my Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole through the middle of all 3 tags. I think the shadow looks like it belongs. I added some ink to the blue layer. I also added a red and a green gem to the leaf.
The next cut is the box. The max size for this on your Gypsy is 11.5 inches. I cut this in red. I assembled it and then stapled the sides of the boxes before I glued the tree sides up. I also added a purple square panel to the 2 sides that have trees. Those squares are not a part of the box cut. Again there are some gems on the leaves.
And last, but not least, the card. It is a card that is folded at the top. It is cut at 5 inches. It is not the most perfect card I have ever made, but I still like it. The scallop is from Mini Monograms. The tree/hill are relative to the size of the card. I covered the tree with Martha Stewart fine glitter. The red gems went on the side of the card this time. The tree is on pop dots.
I used the Marvy Uchida Glitter pen and American Crafts White pen for dots and glitz everywhere. TFL!
I used

No comments:

Post a Comment