My oldest son 13 and has been playing basketball since he was 8 years old. He has gotten pretty good. But, most of all he really loves the game. Actually that is a HUGE understatement. I think he sleeps with his basketball....lol. He played on his first travel team this Spring and really liked it. But it was hard. It took alot of hard work and committment. It really helped him improve his game. He is also very fortunate to have gotten an outstanding coach that has really taken an interest in him over the years and helped him grow.
So, this is a layout for his travel team season. Most of the cuts are from the Basketball Solutions cartridge. Actually, all but 2 cuts are from Basketball solutions. On the right side of the page the title says "Shooting Guard". It is cut from patterned paper. It has a
K&Co. Grand Adhesions sticker at the bottom. The die cut under the "Shooting Guard" is the Score board cut from that cart. I put brads in all four corners, layered in on grey and black cardstock and put it up on some pop dots.
The words "Travel Team" on both pages are rub on letters from Making Memories. There is a half-court die cut on each page that I sized on my Gypsy and matched up to make it look like a full-court when I put the pages together. There are several places I left open with photo mats for, well, my photos. I will add those soon.
On the left side of the page I added an extra mat and ribbon to one of the photo mats. It is for the teams Championship picture. It was their 1st season together and they one the whole thing! I used another K&Co. sticker for the basketball. I designed the basketball net myself on my Gypsy. The base is cirlcle that I shrunk to a funky oval. The pole part is a rectangle that I elongated. Those 2 cuts are from George. The backboard and net are from The solutions card. I think the square is from George too. I sized and welded everything together and then cut it in black. Then I copied the whole thing onto a second page and seperated the welded image. I cut each piece in the individual colors I wanted and glued them down. Doing it this way gives it a strong base and adds depth. I added black Cat's Eye Ink everywhere. This was very fun to do. TFL!